Perfect for an Easter treat!
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
Directions for the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to first mixture and combine.
- Then add carrots and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan and bake at 350 degrees F until done, 25 minutes for a sheet cake or 50 minutes in a Bundt pan.
- Cool completely.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 stick Regular Butter, Softened
- 1 package (8 Oz) Cream Cheese
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Pecans, Chopped Finely (optional)
Directions for the icing:
- In large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and vanilla and blend. Then mix in the nuts.
- Spread on cooled carrot cake and enjoy.